The SHBBINF002 Maintain Infection Control Standards unit of competency describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to maintain infection control during skin penetration procedures and to review clinic compliance with the applicable state or territory requirements. The unit is designed to provide you with the ability to identify, manage and control infection risks to clients, self and work colleagues.
The SHBBINF002 unit replaces the previous SHBBINF001 unit of competency.
This is a Nationally Accredited Course conducted through THink Aesthetics (RTO 45188).
WHO SHOULD COMPLETE THE COURSE:
In many states this course is a pre-requisite for further study and recommended for positions such as:
- Cosmetic Tattooists
- Healthcare Professionals who perform skin penetration procedures
- Tattoo Artists
- Body Piercers
- Beauty Therapists
- Environmental Health Officers (EHO)
Please ensure you check with your local council their requirements before commencing into this course.
- Statement of Attainment on completion*
- Reduce risk in the workplace, to yourself and your clients
- Gain industry credibility
- Gain council approval
- Infection prevention and control understanding and knowledge
- Safe practice
THink Aesthetics offers trainer support via email and phone calls during work hours.
- This course is delivered online and enables you to complete the training to suit you and your family/life situation via correspondence.
- Students have 3 months to complete the course and can complete it anytime within the timeframe.
- Students can submit their assessment items online or in person.
- Students can submit their practical assessment either as a video submission online or onsite at THink Aesthetics.
- Please call to book in for the onsite practical assessment, bookings are based on assessor and room availability.
- The practical assessment must be demonstrated in a workplace that performs skin penetration procedures/treatments or in a simulated environment that reflects workplace conditions.
- If you do not have a suitable environment for your practical assessment, please organise with a local workplace that performs skin penetration procedures to film at their location.
- Alternatively, you can perform your practical assessment onsite at THink Aesthetics.
- Please refer to the Student Manual located on the THink Aesthetics website for information regarding our courses.
- Once you have paid for the course you will also need to complete the enrolment form. Please click Student Enrolment Form to open up the enrolment form.
- Once the enrolment form is completed the online learning portal will be opened and you will be able to begin your learning.
- Please note enrolments will only be handled during business hours Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
- It's that easy!
This course in run by THink Aesthetics, RTO 45188. THink Aesthetics staff will assist you in every way they can to ensure you perform to the best of your ability and successfully complete your chosen training course. THink Aesthetics is however, unable to guarantee you will be issued with a certificate of completion nor obtain a particular employment outcome.