HLTINF005 Infection Control - Maintain Infection Prevention For Skin Penetration (HLTINF005)
is a Nationally Accredited Course conducted through THink Aesthetics
This unit of competency describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to maintain infection control during skin penetrations procedures and to review clinic compliance with the applicable state
or territory requirements. The unit is designed to provide you with the ability to identify, manage and control infection risks to technicians, clients and work collegues.
YOU WILL LEARN HOW TO:
- Comply with infection control regulations and guidelines and related legal obligations.
- Monitor hygiene of premises.
- Maintain infection control for skin penetration procedures.
- Sterilise equipment.
- Maintain awareness of clinic design for infection control purposes.
HLTINF005 INFECTION CONTROL COURSE INCLUDES:
- Government approved Statement of Attainment on completion of the course *
- Comprehensive online modules
- Trainer support via email
- This course is delivered online and enables you to complete the training to suit you and your family/life situation via correspondence.
- Students can submit their assessment items online or in person.
- The course is self-pased home-based learning (approximately 40hours)
- You have 3 months to complete the course
HLTINF005 MAINTAIN INFECTION CONTROL ASSESSMENT:
- Written Assessment (Online)
- Practiacl/Observation Assessment (Video Upload or In Person Practical Assessment) NOTE: must have access to an Autoclave.
- Workplace Compliance Assessment (Must be a workplace)
All 3 components are required to be passed before a certificate is issued.
Frequently Asked Questions
- You have 3 months to complete this course including any resubmissions of assessments.
- You can complete the course before the 3 months if all components have been assessed and you have been found competent.
- You can perform your practical Assessment at THink Aesthetics (small fee involved) or a suitable workplace. (You must have access to an autoclave for this assessment.)
- Trainer support is available through email or phone.
- Need more time? A 1 month extension is can be granted at the cost of $100.
- Already have SHBBINF001 Maintain Infection Control Standards - Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is also available.
This Infection Control Certificate is required by the government for all skin penetration procedures especially required for Cosmetic Tattoo technicians in Queensland. Local Government will not provide a Licence to operate without this certificate.
*This course in run by THink Aesthetics, RTO 45188. THink Aesthetics staff will assist you in every way they can to ensure you perform to the best of your ability and successfully complete your chosen training course. THink Aesthetics is however, unable to guarantee you will be issued with a certificate of completion nor obtain a particular employment outcome.