Strataderm is a rapidly drying, non-sticky, transparent silicone gel formulation for the treatment of both old and new scars as well as for the prevention of abnormal and excessive scar formation, in the form of hypertrophic scars and keloids.
Strataderm was developed for use on all types of scars including those resulting from general surgery, trauma, chronic wounds, burns, or bites.
- For old and new scars
- Softens and flattens raised scars
- Relieves the itching and discomfort associated with scars
- Reduces redness and discoloration
- Prevents abnormal and excessive scar formation
Instructions for use:
- Ensure that the scar is clean and dry.
- Apply a very thin layer of Strataderm to the scar and allow to dry.
- Strataderm should be applied once daily, or twice daily to exposed areas or as advised by your physician.
- For best results Strataderm should be maintained in continuous contact with the skin (24 hours a day, 7 days a week).
- When applied correctly, Strataderm should be dry in 3–4 minutes. If it takes longer to dry you have probably applied too much. Gently remove the excess with a tissue and allow the drying process to continue.
- Once dry, Strataderm can be covered by sunscreen, cosmetics, pressure garments or casts.
Recommended duration of treatment:
Strataderm is recommended as a minimum treatment of 60–90 days (24 hours a day / 7 days a week). Larger and older scars may take longer. Continued use is recommended until no further improvement is seen.